ProScale 250B Absolute Linear Encoder
Model 250B is a linear encoder with a fixed gap for the encoder. Measuring ranges up to 24 feet (7.3m). Ultra-low power consumption, and high EMI immunity make this absolute encoder an excellent fit for most machinery and gaging applications. Four stock digital readout options are available. (Works with battery power only.)
PRODUCT IS END OF LIFE, SUPPLY IS LIMITED. CONTACT FACTORY FOR ASSSISTANCE.
PRODUCT IS END OF LIFE. CONTACT FACTORY FOR ALTERNATIVE.
ProScale Model 250B uses capacitive absolute measuring technology.
These measuring systems that are ideal for machinery applications or any measuring environment where the need to always remember its position is important.
This system is used in a 'Scale Stationary, Encoder Moving' configuration.
The maximum slew rate for (standard) absolute encoders is 12 inches/second. Custom versions available for speeds up to 18 inches/second. For applications requiring a faster slew rate, consider Model 290.
Select the Model 250B for Battery operation and applications employing a WIRELESS data transmitter.
Do not use the ProScale 250B system in externally powered applications, or where WIRED/CABLED data acquisition is required.
- No Gap to Set: All Encoders are "captive" on the Scale so you never need to set the Encoder gap.
- Battery Operation
- Accuracy: +/- .005 inches when installed correctly.
- Repeatablitly: +/- .001 inches when installed correctly.
- Resolution: All readouts support inches to 4 decimal places, millimeters to 2 decimal places. Most readouts can display fractions to 1/64th divisions.
- Set and Forget: ProScale 250B with Absolute Technology will remember its place even when power is lost.
- High Noise Immunity: Electrical noise, magnetic fields, or power transients affecting the measurement accuracy or signal integrity is rare.
- Scalability: The ProScale 250B supports multiple Encoders and Readouts operating simultaneously on the same Scale.
- Wireless Data: Systems are available with 2 way ProRF-SPC or Encoder wireless data transmitters.
- Encoder Speed: Up to 12 inches per second. (A hi-speed encoder is available for up to 18 in/sec.)
- RoHS compliant Lead Free Product
- MADE IN USA: 3 year warranty
Each ProScale Model 250B System Includes:
- 1 Absolute Measuring Scale - Measuring Range + 4 inches = Physical length
- 1 AbsoluteEncoder (with selected cable length)
- 1 Digital Readout (if selected)
- 1 Pkg. Mounting Hardware containing
- Mounting Screw
- 1 Guide Clip (used to move the encoder along the scale)
- Quick Start Installation and Operation Manuals