VDRO Part Measurement Software
VDRO is a Windows® based program that allows the user to compare and record dimensional measurement information for one or two axes (Height or Height and Width).
VDRO is a Windows® based program that allows the user to compare and record dimensional measurement information for one or two axes (Height or Height and Width). The software uses a database to store a component's nominal measurement data, allowable tolerances for each axis, description, an optional picture and an optional PDF document with related part information.
Once the part database is created, the user can begin to measure parts by searching for the part record in the database. The user then acquires the measurement on the connected gage(s) and the VDRO software will provide a Go/No Go indication, indicating if the part is within the specified tolerance. The user can then optionally capture the measurement data, which is then stored in a .CSV file for later analysis. Each part in the database maintains an independent .CSV file that is appended to over time and multiple sessions.
The VDRO software is primarily used in applications where the measurement of many identical parts are required in a single session. The software can be used with ProTable SA or XD Single Axis Length gages or ProTable XY Two Axes Length gages.
- One or two axes of operation.
- Independent asymetrical tolerances for each axis.
- Associate an optional picture for each part.
- Associate an optional PDF file for each part. File could be drawing, specifications, etc.
- Counts number of samples per session including pass/fail.
- Provides Go/No Go operation with color coded error indicators.
- Displays measurement in decimal inches or millimeters.
- Can be used with several types of input including ProRF SPC transmitters, ProRF Encoder transmitters or Gageway hardwire adapter.
- Can opionally save part measurements to CSV file for easy inport into Excel.
- Date/Time stamp plus gage ID for each measurement sample.
- Local part Histogram display.
- Optional label printer connection
- Integrated database editor.
- Database file can reside on another machine. Multiple VDRO applications can access a common database.
- Manual part measurement for evaluation or when parts are larger than gage capacity.
- Operates on Windows® 7, 8 and 10. (Not compatible with other Windows versions, including Windows 11.)
- Uses Microsoft Access® database. Database can reside on another machine or server.
- Database size limited only by hard-drive space.
- CSV measurement data limited only by hard-drive space.
VDRO software used with our ProTable SA measuring system: