Planer/Sander/General Purpose Retrofit Kit - Incremental Tech.
The Inductive Incremental Technology Planer-Sander/General Purpose Kit includes everything you need to add digital measuring capability to your Planer, Sander, or other short range machine setup application.
The Incremental Technology Planer-Sander Digital Readout Kit includes everything you need to add digital measuring capability to your Planer, Sander or virtually any other tool with 10 inches (254 mm) or less of positioning range.
This commercial Planer Sander Digital Readout Kit is supplied with our Inductive Incremental* Measuring Technology and includes a ProScale Model 190-10, plus a Universal Mounting Kit (which contains several brackets and assorted installation hardware).
*What does Incremental technology mean?
Inductive Incremental technology will require recalibration if power is lost for more than 3 minutes*.
It will require recalibration if the encoder signal is interrupted by high static interruption or VFD noise.**
POSITION IS NOT LOST WHEN YOU PRESS THE POWER OFF BUTTON ON THE DIGITAL READOUT - this only turns off the LCD display.
*This is a new feature added July 2023. Also, if the readout is externally powered (12-24VDC), it will automatically use the installed battery if mains power is lost.
**Encoders made July 2023 or after have even better immunity than previous models.
- Battery Operation: 1 CR123 Lithium battery lasts 6-8 months
- LCD Readout: super low power LCD with Auto Off and Auto On
- Large, easy-to-read: 0.5 inch (12.7 mm) characters
- Displays: decimal inches, fractions, millimeters, or centimeters
- Five keys: Power, Units, Datum, Plus, Minus
- Easy mounting: from behind or through readout case.
- Programmable Datum: use Datum key for zero (or any other programmed value).
- Scaling: Programmable Linear scaling factor.
- Lock-Out: Front panel keys can be locked, plus access to programming menu can be locked.
- RoHS compliant Lead Free Product
One customer's really interesting installation onto his planer: