OUT OF STOCK: ProRF Encoder Transmitter
Transmit encoder motion to a remote computer, or to a remote digital readout. Range is environmentally dependent. Newer units (made since May 2020) have typical range of 300 feet.
Product on backorder: Contact factory for a lead time estimate.
The ProRF Encoder transmitter is designed to wirelessly transmit position information from a ProScale encoder to remote readout or to a remote PC. The Encoder Transmitter can communicate with either a ProRF Encoder receiver for use with a remote digital readout, or it communicates with a ProRF Universal receiver for connection to a remote computer. The Encoder transmitter is powered by two internal CR123 batteries and powers the ProScale encoder.
The Encoder transmiter is designed to remain in a very low power mode while dormant, and transmit position information only when motion is detected by the encoder. This ensures average battery life of 3-6 months depending on the amount of encoder motion.
Each Encoder transmitter can be configured to communicate with up to two receivers. This allow multiple readouts to be used with one encoder, or to have the measurement data be sent to both a readout and a PC at the same time.
When used in conjunction with a ProRF Universal receiver, up to 8 individual encoder transmitters can communicate to one receiver.
- 2.4 GHz two-way communications using IEEE 802.15.4 protocol for interference-resistant data transmission.
- LEDs for message status and low battery warning
- Sixteen RF channels for interference-resistant operation
- 3 to 6 months battery lifetime depending on usage.
- User configurable control for sensitivity - prevents vibration in the machine from sending extra data and thereby saves battery life.
- User configurable control for data transmission rate - can send fewer data packets to save battery life.
- Can now be externally powered - where suitable - so internal batteries are not required.