ProScale 290 Incremental Linear Encoder
Model 290 is a linear encoder with a fixed gap on the encoder. Measuring ranges up to 24 feet (7.3m) in a single piece (much longer in sections). High slew rate, ultra-low power consumption, and high EMI immunity make this incremental encoder an good fit for most machinery and gaging applications. Four stock digital readout options are available. (Works with battery or external power.)
ProScale Model 290 use inductive incremental measuring technology.
These encoders require a constant power source to maintain their position.
This system is used in a 'Scale Stationary, Encoder Moving' configuration.
The speed of inductive incremental encoders is limited to approximately 120 inches (3000 mm) per second.
- No Gap to Set: All Encoders are "captive" on the Scale so you never need to set the Encoder gap.
- Battery or 12-24 VDC Operation: Readouts are available that operate on battery, or 12-24 VDC.
- High Noise Immunity: Electrical noise, magnetic fields, or power transients affecting the measurement accuracy or signal integrity is rare.
- Scalability: The ProScale 290 supports multiple Encoders and Readouts operating simultaneously on the same Scale.
- Wireless Data: Systems are available with 2 way ProRF-SPC or Encoder wireless data transmitters.
- Wired (cabled) Data acquisition: Several cabled data acquisitions solutions are available.
- Encoder Speed: up to 78 inches (2000 mm) per second.
- RoHS compliant Lead Free Product
- MADE IN USA: 3 year warranty
Each ProScale Model 290 System Includes:
- 1 Inductive Incremental Measuring Scale - Measuring Range + 4 inches = Physical length
- 1 Inductive Incremental Encoder (with selected cable length)
- 1 Digital Readout (if selected)
- 1 Pkg. Mounting Hardware containing
- Mounting Screw
- 1 Guide Clip (used to move the encoder along the scale)
- Quick Start Installation and Operation Manuals